It has been our passion and dream to offer green carpet cleaning as an alternative to traditional chemical cleaning methods. We have eliminated many chemicals in our own home and our 3 children continue to inspire us to make many healthy living choices. That’s why we use naturally derived plant based organic products, which are certified to meet today’s green standards for a safer natural clean.
Kodie has worked in this industry for over 18 years and has become increasingly aware of the problems associated with long-term exposure to harmful chemicals. “As an employee of the national chain type operators I saw many ways to improve the experience for customers here in central Illinois. I was concerned about certain chemicals as I started a family of my own”.
Why Go Green?
When it comes to choosing a product or service for cleaning, most people accept the need for chemicals to get the job done. However, some of these ordinary chemicals leave Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) behind. VOCs are air pollutants that stay around long after the product has been used. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air quality is the #1 environmental health problem. Air pollution is ten times greater indoors than outdoors! VOCs cause eye, nose and skin irritation; rashes, headaches, nausea and aggravate conditions such as asthma. Long-term effects of breathing VOCs include cancer, kidney and liver damage.
Currently, less than 10% of U.S. professional carpet cleaners use a green cleaning process. Some carpet cleaners market themselves as being green simply because they carry one “green” product while continuing to use harmful chemicals such as solvents and rust removers in your home. Our company has separated from the others in its decisions and business practices. We use only Green Seal certified and Designed for the Environment EPA certified products that are safe for humans and pets. The carpet and upholstery cleaning solutions we use are highly effective and provide a long lasting clean. We use a truck mounted hot water extraction process, which removes pollutants in the carpet and upholstery, improving the air you and your family breathe. Remember, the choices we make today influence the future we share tomorrow.
Why choose Steam Green?
- Trained expert technicians.
- Family safe non-toxic effective products.
- Owner operated personal service.
- Strongest reputation for customer satisfaction.
- Locally owned and trusted – We’re your neighbors, not a big chain.
- Our hot water extraction method is required by carpet Manufacturers to maintain your new carpet warranty.
- Leaves your carpets cleaner, softer and your home healthier.
- Faster drying time without soapy residue left by other methods helps your carpet stay cleaner longer.
- Non Toxic non carcinogenic protectant to restore carpet to like new condition.
- Plant based cleaning products leave your home naturally fresh not artificially perfumed.
- Botanicals and natural enzymes remove even the toughest odors at the source.
- You don’t trade your family’s health for clean looking/clean smelling carpets.
- We use FRESH water for each cleaning and capture that water in a separate tank.
- Most customers buy our green plant based products for use at home between cleanings because they just work better and do not damage the carpet with optical brighteners and chemicals harmful to today’s fibers and carpet dying methods.